- Position Type: Full time
- Location: The PFA has facilities and offices in Manchester and London. We are flexible in terms of where the ‘home’ office will be - TBC
- Salary: Competitive remuneration package plus benefits
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The PFA is currently looking for a Youth Advisor who will assist in the growth of the PFA’s Youth Advisory Service. Formed following the introduction of the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan), the PFA Youth Advisory Service provides free, independent, confidential advice to (u9’s – u21’s) Academy Players, Trialists, Parents, Guardians, and Carers on any issues that they may be faced with during their time in the Academy system. The PFA Youth Advisory Service assists individuals with making better informed decisions and covers the following areas;
- Premier League & EFL Youth Development Rules & Regulations
- Academy Registration & Contractual Offers
- Football Association & FIFA Rules & Regulations
- Scholarship Offers
- Time & Distance Rules & Regulations
- Academy Inductions
- End of Season Procedure
- Requesting Release
- Player Development & Player Progression
- Coaching Programme
- Education Programme
- Compensation Rules & Regulations
- Player Welfare
The role will provide support to the Head of Youth Advisory Service and other PFA departments where necessary. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
- Provide independent advice and guidance to academy players, parents and guardians.
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries.
- Attain accurate records on enquiries and support the Head of Youth Advisory Service with the management of data.
- Raise awareness of PFA Youth Advisory Service with designated clubs
- Raise awareness of PFA Safety Net with designated clubs
- Raise awareness of PFA Online Introduction Course with designated clubs
- Attend academy events to promote PFA Youth Advisory Service.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with academy staff (Academy Managers, Player Care, Head of Education, Head of Safeguarding)
- Arrange virtual / in person deliveries with parents and guardians at designated clubs.
- Arrange virtual deliveries with the parents and guardians at designated clubs of u16’s players that are soon to be the newest intake of PFA members
- Develop a robust knowledge on the Youth Development Rules and regulations and processes and procedures that apply within the academy system and football
- Attend regular internal meetings contributing ideas and initiatives for department improvements and growth
- Undertake appropriate CPD that correlates to the role of a Youth Advisor.
- Support and promote the exit, transition & progression work undertaken by the PFA.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A passion for football and an understanding of the work of the PFA.
- An ability to speak publicly and deliver presentations to a group
- Ability to form positive relationships at all levels and across stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the EPPP Academy system / rules and regulations.
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience of working in football or other sports.
- Language skills.
- Personal experience of scholarship agreement / professional football.
- Previously held academy position / advisory role.
- Undergraduate degree in related field.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV, Covering Letter (which expresses your motivation for the role and highlights your relevant experience) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is: 14 October 2022
The PFA is an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policies for recruitment ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.