PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- Position Type: Full time
- Location: The PFA has facilities and offices in Manchester, London and St George’s Park. We are flexible in terms of where the ‘home’ office will be. This is a hybrid role and so, alongside the capacity for some home working, regular periods of travel will also be required.
- Salary: £27,500 + benefits
- An excellent writer with demonstrable experience in a content writing role or similar
- The ability to write for a range of briefs and for different channels
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects to short deadlines.
- Experience with interviews, with the ability to get the best out of people and identify good stories.
- Experience working with media in a press officer role or similar.
- Research and analysis skills
- A passion for football and an understanding of the work of the PFA.
- Experience of working in football or other sports
- A journalism background
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Professional Footballers Association (PFA) is the union for all current and former footballers and scholars in the Premier League, the Women's Super League and English Football Leagues.
We are committed to helping each member understand their purpose both as a professional player and a person. We provide the information, advice and support you need to help maximise the opportunities that come with playing professional football.
We're the only football organisation that solely prioritises players' needs. We offer a variety of educational, financial and wellbeing support services.
Throughout our history, the PFA has been instrumental in supporting the women's game, decreasing mental health stigma across the sport, leading the fight against discriminatory abuse of players and pushing for research into the links between neurodegenerative conditions and playing football.
We proudly amplify the players' voice to ensure their views are represented to the game's stakeholders and governing bodies.
We also protect and enhance their rights and working conditions by holding stakeholders and governing bodies to account.
Our team is passionate about helping footballers navigate personal or professional challenges, and we use our own experiences to relate to players and help prepare them for the future.
We are here to protect and support players, for football and for life.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV, Covering Letter (which expresses your motivation for the role and highlights your relevant experience) to: email@example.com.
- The closing date for applications is: 17th July 2022
You should also include (as an attachment or a link) an example of your writing. This can be on football or any other subject, but it should represent something you are proud of and are happy to talk us through.
The PFA is an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policies for recruitment ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.