Region: Includes clubs in the South West/Midlands
The Professional Footballers’ Association is the world’s longest established sportsperson’s union, with over 50,000 members, and represents players in England and Wales. The PFA is involved in every aspect of a player’s career, and we lead the world in providing opportunities for our members to prepare for their 2nd career and influence the football world.
We are currently looking for a regionally based coach developer to join the 14 we already have established throughout the professional game.
Successful applicants must have experience of working within the professional game, hold the UEFA A Licence or above, and preferably be a current FA Licenced Level 2 tutor, or above.
This post offers a competitive salary plus benefits and would be ideal for someone with outstanding interpersonal skills and a good working knowledge of coach education in this country.
You will need to be an inspirational communicator who is able to share advanced technical/tactical ideas to current and former professional players.
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV and Covering Letter (which expresses your motivation for the role and highlights your relevant experience) to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 6pm on Wednesday 29th June 2022.
The PFA seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community at large, because we value the individual contribution of people irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
The PFA is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to honouring the FA’s Football Leadership Diversity Code in this recruitment process.
PFA REGIONAL COACH DEVELOPER
Personal Specifications for a member of the PFA Coaching Department
Qualifications and Training:
- Current UEFA A Licence holder (minimum)
- Hold an up to date Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check in football
- Preferably hold a current FA Licenced Tutor Status to Level 2 (minimum)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Of working within the professional game
- Of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- Of working with elite players, particularly within an academy setting, both practically and within the classroom
- Of current coach education methods, in particular the multi-disciplinary approach
- High level communication skills, ranging from 1:1 situations through to presenting to large groups
- Demonstrate a patient and considered approach to all candidates attending our courses
- Capable of using IT equipment and software
- Creating and presenting information to groups
- Capable of working alone, with discipline, and managing your time effectively
- Actively contributing to a dynamic and experienced PFA team ethic when required
- Being able to hold and defend an opinion in a controlled and intelligent manner
- Capable of producing written reports on your work to senior PFA staff members upon request
- Over time develop a thorough working understanding of the PFA principles, and the role played by other departments
- A full, clean driving licence
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Deliver the FA UEFA C award or equivalent to your allocated group of professional clubs or be prepared to accept training and work towards this licenced tutor status
- Mentor/support all candidates you have on courses
- Maintain all relevant CPD for both your coaching awards and FA Licenced tutor status
- Participate in the PFA Coaching Department’s Internal Verification and sampling process, on an ongoing basis, to help maintain standards and consistency
- Attend PFA Coaching Department staff development meetings as requested
- Maintain accurate and detailed electronic records of all courses you run
- Maintain a working knowledge of current issues/trends within professional football, through active study
- Work evenings and weekends to support course candidates
Preferably the successful candidate should also be able to:
- Hold UEFA B Licence tutor status and deliver the UEFA B Licence award regionally to both current and former PFA members (ex-professional players), and fully support all candidates
- Hold UEFA A Licence tutor status and deliver national A Licence award alongside FA staff members