The Professional Footballers’ Association Charity (‘the PFA Charity’) was incorporated in January 2013. The aim of the PFA Charity is to help support football players both during their football career and beyond, in areas such as Coaching, Education, Community, Wellbeing and Equalities. There is a wider community based focus in respect of further activities such as the charity’s community work and work in respect of racism, and other programmes.
Overview of the Role
For the appointment as the PFA Charity’s Head of Media, the consultant will be responsible for the PFA Charity’s PR and media relations and will report directly to the PFA Charity’s Board of Trustees. In particular, the consultant will:
- Deliver high profile media communication at a national level;
- Devise strategic PR and media plans;
- Deliver effective communication reports to the Board of Trustees;
- Ensure good communication between the PFA Charity and the communications department of the Professional Footballers’ Association trade union; and
- Develop links with all the PFA Charity stakeholders including, but not limited to, The Football Association, the Premier League, the English Football League and the League Managers’ Association.
To be considered, the consultant must meet the following criteria:
- Experience in dealing with a range of high profile media situations at a national level;
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of, and have proven experience in, how broadcast, print, digital and social media operates;
- Experience of working in the football industry, and at least have a working knowledge of the charitable/third sector, including in relation to the national media; and
- Eligible to work in the UK.
This role is on a consultancy basis and it is envisaged that the consultant will provide their services to the PFA Charity for the equivalent of a minimum of one day a week and attend various meetings, from time to time, as required. The Consultancy fees will be competitive.
Please send a detailed application explaining why you would be suitable for the consultancy position and also include your CV by email to email@example.com or by post to Darren Wilson, Trustee, The PFA Charity, 20 Oxford Court, Bishopsgate, Manchester M2 3WQ.
Closing date for applications: 12th April 2020, 5pm.
The Professional Footballers’ Association Charity is an Equal Opportunities organisation.