PLAYER SERVICES EXECUTIVE
- Position Type: Full time
- Location: The PFA has facilities and offices in Manchester and London but we are flexible in terms of where the ‘home’ office will be - TBC
- Salary: Competitive remuneration package plus good benefits
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The PFA is currently looking for a Player Services Executive who will assist in the growth of the PFA’s Player Services Department.
The role will conduct regular visits to allocated Premier League (PL) and/or English Football League (EFL) clubs to develop relationships with the PFA members at these clubs and promote the PFA generally.
The ‘Player Services’ Department assists PFA members with advice and signposting in the following areas:
- The benefits and services of the PFA
- The rules and regulations of FIFA, The Football Association (FA), Premier League (PL) & English Football League (EFL)
- The standard players contract
- Contractual & Employment disputes
- Academy Inductions
- Agents and Intermediaries
- Career ending injury
- Professional Footballers Pension Scheme
- Further PFA benefits, including: Education, Coaching, Player Welfare and Mental Health, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Community and CSR services
The role will provide support to the Head of Player Services as part of a team of executives and signpost to other PFA departments where necessary. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
- Develop good relationships with PFA delegates and members at their designated professional football clubs.
- Offer independent advice to members regarding contracts, regulations, pensions, unpaid remuneration, etc.
- Keep accurate records on enquiries and support the Head of Player Services with the management of data.
- Raise awareness of the PFA and its services and benefits.
- Advise and represent current and former members at internal grievance and disciplinary meetings at clubs and at FA Disciplinary Commissions when charged with breaching their Rules.
- Respond to members and former members regarding medical assistance through the PFA Accident Fund and rehabilitation through the PFA’s Rehabilitation and Treatment Centre at St. George’s Park.
- Advise, liaise and submit claims on behalf of members to the PFA’s Personal Injury and Illness (career-ending injury) Insurance Scheme.
- Offer initial advice and signposting of queries from current and former members to the CSR, Education, Coaching, Head Injuries / NDD, Equalities, Commercial and Player Welfare Departments of the PFA.
- Organise regular player meetings at clubs to promote the benefits and services available to PFA members and undertake the PFA Player of the Season ballot and the FIFA/FIFPro World 11 ballot.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key staff at their designated clubs (manager, coaches, Secretary, CEO, etc.)
- Develop a robust knowledge of the Rules and Regulations of FIFA, FA, PL and EFL, and the processes and procedures that apply within professional football
- Contribute ideas and initiatives for departmental improvements and growth.
- Undertake training that correlates to the role of a Player Services Executive.
- Support and promote the work undertaken by the PFA.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- An empathy for professional footballers and the problems they experience in their careers.
- A passion for football and an understanding of the work of the PFA.
- An ability to form positive relationships at all levels and across stakeholders.
- An ability to speak publicly and deliver presentations to a group
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Good administration skills
- A full UK driving license
- Experience of working in professional football or other sports.
- Good working knowledge of the Standard Players’ Contract and, FA, PL and EFL Rules and Regulations (training provided).
- Language skills.
- Expertise in specific areas related to the core services provided by the PFA.
- Undergraduate degree in related fields.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV, Covering Letter (which expresses your motivation for the role and highlights your relevant experience) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is: 14 October 2022
The PFA is an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policies for recruitment ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.