PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- Position Type: Full time
- Location: The PFA has facilities and offices in Manchester and London. We are flexible in terms of where the ‘home’ office will be
- Salary: Competitive remuneration package
The PFA is currently looking for a Finance manager who will be responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely management and statutory financial accounts, ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and underlying financial records for all funds within the Union.
The role will also provide financial support to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and other stakeholders as required.
- Prepare and ensure the accurate management reporting of all funds within the Union, in line with the agreed timetable
- Assist in the preparation of Group payroll costs, maintaining support for all adjustments and reconciliation of numbers
- Prepare and post all appropriate journal adjustments, maintaining full support and back-up
- Manage the year end audit process. Provide accurate and full supporting documentation for audit purposes, liaising with the external auditors as required
- Assist in building and maintaining budgets and forecasts for the Union in liaison with other stakeholders
- Ensure that all appropriate balance sheet accounts are reconciled to appropriate back up on a timely basis
- Ensure that cash flow statements are produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all payments are made within a timely manner and in accordance with our internal and banking requirements
- Maintain and reconcile trading statements for investments posting movement to the financial records.
- Processing of VAT returns for two entities, one with a partial exemption.
- Identify, innovate, and implement improvements to management reporting. Making continuous improvements to processes to improve efficiencies and controls
- Manage and develop members of the Finance team and ensure that activities are coordinated
- Provide support to the CEO, COO and other stakeholders as required
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified - three years + post qualification experience
- Strong technical skills
- Strong knowledge of a variety of financial systems
- Good analytical ability
- Adaptable and open to change
- Approachable and low-ego personality
- Proactively challenges status quo and identifies areas for improvement
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of working in football or other sports
- Knowledge of Trade Union & Foundation Finances
About The Organisation
The Professional Footballers Association (PFA) is the union for all current and former footballers and scholars in the Premier League, the Women's Super League and English Football Leagues.
We are committed to helping each member understand their purpose both as a professional player and a person. We provide the information, advice and support you need to help maximise the opportunities that come with playing professional football.
We're the only football organisation that solely prioritises players' needs. We offer a variety of educational, financial and wellbeing support services.
Throughout our history, the PFA has been instrumental in supporting the women's game, decreasing mental health stigma across the sport, leading the fight against discriminatory abuse of players and pushing for research into the links between neurodegenerative conditions and playing football.
We proudly amplify the players' voice to ensure their views are represented to the game's stakeholders and governing bodies.
We also protect and enhance their rights and working conditions by holding stakeholders and governing bodies to account.
Our team is passionate about helping footballers navigate personal or professional challenges, and we use our own experiences to relate to players and help prepare them for the future.
We are here to protect and support players, for football and for life.
How To Apply
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV, Covering Letter (which expresses your motivation for the role and highlights your relevant experience) to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is: 1st August 2022
The PFA is an equal opportunities employer. Our employment policies for recruitment ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.