Purpose and Scope
Working within the Finance team, processing Accident, Benevolent and Educational grants, and overhead payments of both the PFA Union, PFA Enterprises Ltd and PFA Charity. Assisting in the maintenance of financial records, reconciliations, and Sage.
Ultimately reporting to the Director of Finance the successful candidate will also require reporting to the Finance Manager on a day-to-day basis.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Processing member grant payment requests, coding and entering onto Sage Line 50.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure grant criteria adhered to.
- Dealing with both internal and external queries on behalf of the Finance department.
- Processing purchase invoices, coding and entering on to Sage Line 50.
- Producing bi-monthly payment cycles.
- Data manipulation for internal systems.
- Maintaining and updating bank ledgers, including reconciliation.
- Subscription reconciliation.
- Maintaining monthly investment records.
- Credit card processing, ensuring internal control systems are adhered to, coding and entering onto Sage Line 50.
- Assisting with the collation of data for audit.
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary.
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience of working in a Finance Department.
- Understanding of accountancy processes and procedures.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, communication, administration and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- The ability to work to monthly payment deadlines.
- A working knowledge of Sage Line 50 Accounts.
- Knowledge of Bankline payment system advantageous.
- Team player.
The PFA is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com. Closing deadline for applications is Friday 5th November.