The selected links below will take you to a number of websites that you may find useful.


Pensions & Insurance


The Pensions Regulator (TPR) - TPR is responsible for regulating work-based pension schemes. TPR’s codes of practice give practical information about how trustees must meet the legal requirements and set out the standards of conduct and practice expected.


Financial Services Authority (FSA) - The FSA is an independent organisation set up by the Government to regulate the financial services industry.


The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) - TPAS is an independent non-profit organisation that provides information and guidance on pensions.


The Pensions Ombudsman - The Pensions Ombudsman investigates and decides complaints and disputes about the way that pension schemes are run.


The National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) - The NAPF is the leading UK body providing representation for employer sponsored retirement provision.


Pensions Policy Institute - The Pensions Policy Institute is an educational charity which provides non-political, independent comment and analysis on pension policy in the UK.


Pensions Management Institute (PMI) services for trustees - several services are available to support trustees in the exercise of their responsibilities as well as two examinations which provide formal recognition of pensions knowledge and understanding.


The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) - The PPF was established to pay compensation to members of eligible defined benefit pension schemes when there is a qualifying insolvency event in relation to the employer and where there are insufficient assets in the pension scheme to cover Pension Protection Fund levels of compensation.


Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) - The FAS offers financial help to some people who have lost out on their pensions because their occupational pension scheme was under funded when it started to wind-up and their employer has been unable to make up the shortfall because it is insolvent or no longer exists.


Local Professional Advice – This website will help you find professional advice in your local area from locating an Independent Financial Advisor, to a solicitor.


Government Departments and Statutory Bodies


The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) - The DWP is responsible for employment, equality, benefits, pensions and child support.


HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) - HMRC was formed following the merger of the Inland Revenue and HM Customs and Excise departments. It deals with taxation and National Insurance issues.


Workplace Pensions  is part of the DWP. It has been set up by the Government to provide information about pensions and other pensioner benefits in the UK.