Understanding personal development, lifestyle opportunities & challenges
This Level 2 TASS-developed course aims to increase the learners understanding of personal development and lifestyle opportunities and challenges that athletes may face.
The course explores the support that athletes may require to assist them to balance their sport and personal commitments and is suitable for any individual that currently or aspires to work with athletes (e.g., current & former athletes, coaches, teachers, support practitioners).
One of the aims of the course is to support the learner to reflect on how they can better support an athlete’s personal development and lifestyle in their own or an aspirational role. This course provides introductory knowledge for those looking to get into athlete personal development/player care roles.
- Learner must be aged 18+
- Learner must be able to read and write in English
- Learner be able to provide identification (e.g., passport/driving license)
Delivered across 4 2-hour sessions.
17th November – 4:00-6:00pm
24th November – 4:00-6:00pm
1st December – 4:00-6:00pm
8th December – 4:00-6:00pm
Venue: Online (Zoom)
- Understand the sporting landscape that athlete’s sit within
- Understand the types of personal development that athletes can engage in and the benefits, barriers, and challenges to taking part in education/work alongside sport
- Understand the types of environments athletes can undertake education/work and what support athletes require
- Understand the types of transitions that athletes may face across their careers
This course provides introductory knowledge for those looking to get into athlete personal development/player care roles.
Learners are required to complete:
- A learner portfolio that includes a series of short answer knowledge-based questions and reflective tasks.