The purpose of this course is to enhance learners nutrition knowledge by developing their understanding of nutrition for sport and exercise performance. The Active IQ Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Sport and Exercise will enable you to access credible information about nutrition for sport, analyse clients’ dietary habits and identify areas for improvement.
Students will also learn how to estimate daily energy / nutrient requirements for clients with different goals and evaluate the risks of poor nutritional and lifestyle practices.
- The need for a healthy, balanced diet to optimise sports performance.
- How to access credible information about sports and performance nutrition.
- The benefits and risks of specific nutritional protocols that may be used to prepare for sports or fitness events.
- The current scientific evidence relating to the safety and efficacy of common, legally available supplements and ergogenic aids.
- Understand nutrition for sport and exercise performance.
- Venue: Online
- Dates: Members can enrol any time during the year.
Learners must hold Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing and Level 3 Award in Nutrition. For example learners who have completed a Level 3 Personal Training will be eligible for entry.