The PFA has once again teamed up with Place2Be to offer a Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills for Working with Children. Place2Be's Level 2 Award will equip you with basic counselling and therapeutic skills for working with or caring for children and young people. The course also prepares you to go on to higher level counselling training.
The Level 2 Award is taking place in Manchester from Wednesday 12th January - Wednesday 16th March 2022 (8 weekly sessions: 1pm – 6pm).
What you need to know...
What it covers:
- Developing core counselling skills and theory
- Building relationships and understanding attachment theory
- Improving your communication and self-awareness with children
- Coming up with creative strategies to support children
- Planning possible next steps for trainees, including our Level 3 Certificate
Useful for those who:
- Want to develop key counselling and therapeutic play skills to support their work or everyday life with children and young people
- Are starting their training journey and want to specialise in child counselling
- Before applying for the Level 2 Award, you must attend a Place2Be Taster Day (within 12 months of starting a Level 2 course).
What will it involve:
- One-day workshop to understand Place2Be’s approach and work in schools
- An introduction to some key concepts in child counselling
- Communicating through therapeutic play
- Knowing the training pathway for child counselling
- Planning possible next steps for trainees
- Wednesday 10th November 2021
- St James House, Pendleton Way, Salford, M6 5FW.
- 1pm – 6pm