FIFPro is contributing to a new initiative that provides international players with an opportunity to develop critical management skills for the ultimate benefit of football's future.
Tailor-made for leading players who have represented their national teams, the UEFA Executive Master for International Players (UEFA MIP) is an educational programme designed to ensure those who excel on the pitch are not lost to the game and can continue to apply themselves at the highest level of administration.
FIFPro, together with the team from UEFA MIP, will educate students about the role of players and trade unions in football governance, collective bargaining and how they can make a positive difference in creating a fair and balanced industry, as well as a profession that all players can feel proud of.
The UEFA MIP ensures that footballers hear the half-time rather than the final whistle at the end of their professional playing days, giving them the tools for match-winning performances in football administration and management as part of a second career.
Academic and Sports Partners
- The UEFA MIP is delivered by two world-class academic institutions:
- the Centre de Droit et d'Economie du Sport (CDES) University of Limoges (France)
- the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Birkbeck, University of London.
- The UEFA MIP programme has also been developed in partnership with FIFPro and ECA.
Bobby Barnes - President FIFPro Europe and PFA Deputy Chief Executive:
"As a former player and president of FIFPro Division Europe, I have come to realise how important it is to have a clear and robust understanding of the environment we are operating in. Football is constantly evolving and is, as such, a permanent challenge.Given the complexity of the issues at stake, I truly believe that all members of the football family must cooperate and understand their respective positions.
By welcoming participants from different organisations, this programme will foster collaboration in the daily work of all sorts of football stakeholders.”
- Click here for the brochure of the MIP
- For contact with UEFA MIP, click here
- For more information about education, contact the PFA