Place2Be is passionate about providing a better future for children.
The mission is to enhance the wellbeing and prospects of children and their families by providing access to therapeutic and emotional support in schools, using a proven model backed up by research and training.
The vision is a world where children have the opportunity to grow up with prospects rather than problems.
The PFA have teamed up with Place2Be to offer a Taster Day which gives you the chance to experience Place2Be training and see what it is like to be a children's counsellor. It is the entry point for all of their counselling qualification courses and forms part of the assessment for those who go on to apply for further training.
Place2Be counselling training is highly experiential and participants will use a wide range of materials, games and other tools that support self-awareness and engagement with children. The training promotes the use of creative methods to enable children to express themselves and support them in finding ways to flourish.
To find out more click here.
For anyone interested in:
- Coaching or mentoring children and young people (CYP)
- Working in schools or in youth work
- Taking the first steps towards a career in counselling
On the Taster Day you will:
- Consider some of the issues CYP face today
- Understand how CYP might communicate their needs and consider techniques to support them
- Explore how self-awareness aids communication
- Look at what counselling is and how it works, including play therapy
- Learn about the progression route to counselling and other mental health careers
Venue: Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount St, Manchester, M2 5NS
Date: Wednesday, 23rd January 2019
Time: 9:30 – 4:30 pm
To book a place on the Taster Day, please contact Oshor Williams (Assistant Director of Education) on: email@example.com | 0161 236 0637