The PFA Charity has teamed up with Place2Be to offer a Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills for Working with Children.
Place2Be's Level 2 Award will equip you with basic counselling and therapeutic skills for working with or caring for children and young people. The course also prepares you to go on to higher level counselling training.
What it covers:
- Introduction to core counselling skills and theory
- Skills and techniques to help you improve your communication and increase your self-awareness when working with children
- An understanding of relationship building and its connection with attachment theory
- A range of creative strategies to support the children you work with
- A progression route onto the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills for Working with Children (Foundation) and further counselling training
Useful for those who:
- Wish to gain basic counselling skills to support their work or everyday life with children
- Are starting out on a counselling career path and wish to specialise in working with children
Before booking the Level 2 Award, you must have already attended a Place2Be Taster Day (within 12 months of starting a Level 2 course).
To find out more click here.
Venue: Citywise, 6 Oxford Place, Manchester M14 5RZ
Cost: £875 (PFA members are eligible for 50% funding)
Time: 1pm – 6pm
To book a place, please contact PFA Charity Education on: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0161 236 0637.
The Level 2 Award is accredited by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB). You will receive a total of 68 guided learning hours upon completion - this equates to 7 credits at Level 2.
100% attendance is the expectation. Please note that if you miss more than one session then you will not have met the attendance requirements needed to complete the course successfully. Please do not sign up for a course if you know in advance that you are not able to make all of the dates.