The PFA Charity is committed to raising the profile and awareness of the extensive work and participation of players in support of Community and Charitable activities. PFA Charity's Community involvement extends across many areas such as: Health, Education, Social Inclusion, and Equalities, underlining our commitment to make a positive difference in society.
As a department we continue to be proactive, continue to raise standards of support to players, and encourage greater support from football clubs to adapt their philosophy toward corporate social responsibility.
Key objectives of the PFA Charity's Community department:
- To facilitate and implement a co-ordinated and structured approach to increased player support for community initiatives thus raising the profile of the PFA Charity and its continued commitment to Community work.
- To provide representation for the PFA Charity on National Committees and Working Parties, such as the Premier League/PFA Community Fund, Football League Trust, Football Foundation, The Princes Trust, The National Literacy Trust, Kick it Out, etc, to re-enforce the PFA Charity’s unique commitment through it’s members to Community/Charitable initiatives.
- To collate and present a statistical analysis for the PFA in support of all Community player involvement linked to a number of designated themes: - Health, Education, Social Inclusion, Anti-racism, Disabilities, Girls/Women, and Schools, with Safeguarding Children a strand running through all activities.
- To evaluate player involvement in those organisations where the PFA Charity has pledged significant financial support i.e. The Princes Trust, The National Literacy Trust, Kick it Out, Show Racism the Red Card, etc.
- To maintain a strong PFA Charity presence out at the Football Clubs through regular visits and meetings with Chief Executives, PFA Delegates, Press Officers and Community Officers.
- To raise the profile of player involvement at Clubs through ThePFA.com.
- To engage with other National Governing bodies and specialist agencies to promote the benefit of sport, exercise, and healthy lifestyles.