St George's Park
St George’s Park
Thirty years since the concept of a National Football Centre was first mooted, The FA are pleased to announce that, finally, it is under construction and scheduled to open its doors in summer 2012.
St George’s Park will become a “university of football” which enables coaches to continuously train and develop in order to progress along the coaching pathway. The future development of football in this country is reliant on better coaches. At all levels of the game we need coaches who possess the expertise, knowledge and attitude to positively affect the players and teams with which they work.
“The PFA is delighted to be part of this exciting initiative at St. George’s Park, which we hope will produce better coaches, managers and players, and ultimately take the English game back to the cutting edge of world football.”
Gordon Taylor OBE, PFA Chief Executive.
The PFA will operate a satellite office from St. George’s Park. This will give the coaches an additional base in the centre of the country and also ensure that the Coaching Department can contribute to the new national centre of excellence.
St George’s Park Vision:
- To become the home of English Football Development, bringing to life and embodying the whole game coaching and playing philosophy outlined in The FA’s Technical Guide, The Future Game.
- To become a one-stop coaching and support environment which enhances personal development, rehabilitation and fitness;
- To offer all its facilities and services beyond sport and facilitate cross-learning between the sporting and business sectors;
- To become a training destination of choice for coaches, players, administrators and officials from within football;
St. George’s Park will exist to:
- Be an inspirational centre for coach education;
- Raise standards and the profile of coaching as a profession.
- Provide a route to a holistic career path in coaching and other football and sport-specific careers;
- Deliver a further, higher and business education programmes;
- Be a leading centre of sports medicine and science;
- Provide a training home for Club England, which runs all 24 England representative sides;
- Offer training facilities for teams, individual players and athletes;
- Offer integrated facilities and expertise for screening, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation across all sports;
- Provide world-renowned hotel and conferencing facilities for the business and sporting communities;
Visit the St George’s Park website: http://www.thefa.com/St-Georges-Park